Apartment insurance will cover your stuff, but some types of property may need special attention:

1: Jewelry, fur and silverware

A special individual policy, called “scheduling,” will give you what’s called “mysterious disappearance” coverage, which covers you if a diamond falls out of your engagement ring.

2: Musical instruments

Some policies do cover these items, but not necessarily if the theft occurs outside the apartment. You can buy that coverage but you should evaluate based on the item’s value, the cost of the coverage, and your deductible. Note: Professional musicians need separate insurance.

3: Comic book collections, rare baseball cards, vinyl records, and first editions

Apartment insurance has got them covered, but in the case of a rare item, it should be photographed, and if the value if very high, appraised.

And get that vinyl collection itemized.

Got questions about your stuff? Contact Gotham for a free quote today.

sponsored post

share Facebook Twitter More...